Saturday, June 2, 2007

Playing with the toys...

Well, I had my first conversation over the Skype network. I didn't have my web-cam, she did. It was quite novel, talking into my headset, watching her picture on the screen.

This morning we became the proud new owners of a brand new Logitech QuickCam Ultra Vision HD Special Edition Video Photo Webcam. Whew! Say that 10 times...

The family tried it out, I will do my test run tomorrow.

Regarding the NY Times article "Copyrights That No One Knows About Don’t Help Anyone" .... this poses some interesting questions. For instance, it states that, "a work is automatically copyrighted the moment it is “fixed in tangible form.” Does this mean that digital information is not copyrighted, because it is not tangible, or is it copyrighted because it can be reproduced on paper, and is then tangible?? Hmm, I need to do some research on this one.

I guess you are wondering how the garden is doing. Well, all of the sunshine and rain we have had lately has just been doing amazing things to the artichokes, the vegetation I do not want to do well at this point in time. I have this theory... my dad's name is Arthur, so I am thinking he is secretly starting a business called "Artie's Chokes" and harvesting them to pickle and spice and sell in mass quantities. He just has me there pretending to nurture the tomato plants, the eggplant, and the herbs so the other weeds can be kept at bay. Keep an eye out for this new organic food product at your local co-op. (Also, let me know, because I am completely in the dark on this one.)

More later...

No comments: