Friday, June 15, 2007

Everything is Miscellaneous

Well, I sure enjoyed David Weinberger's assessment of digital information. His way of looking at sorting sheds new light on household tasks and computer searches. Silverware is sorted in the silverware drawer as it is stored away according to type. Don't look for a spoon with the forks, it just won't be there. Never mind that you can eat pie ala mode with either a spoon or a fork, you won't find the two mixed up in the drawer. Not so with digital information. The more places you can find it, the better.

I also like his comparison of a clothing store. Just try putting everything that is your size into your cart, then deciding if you want to try it on or not. Rodeo drive, here I come....

OK, I finally weeded the garden, but only for about 15 minutes. Then my arms and my patience gave way and I said, "I shall return..."

Dad is doing great with his new electronic device.

Our daughter is in Munich for the next three weeks, our son is leaving for the Florida Keys for a sailing venture.... it is good to miss them and enjoy the quiet.

No comments: