Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Ahhh, summer...

I thought I had escaped the unbearable heat and humidity, but I guess I would have to move for that to happen. It's here, in all its glory. I'll just make the best of it.

I have a pen pal who lives in Botswana. She is a professor at a technical institute and teaches library information and technology courses to adults. She was working on her PhD. but had to put it on hold for a bit. It is an interesting topic, how cell phones influence the lives of women in Botswana. They have some unique applications; for instance, if a person takes medication on a regular basis, the cell phone can be programmed to remind her. Leonardo's Laptop is not just a dream...

She originally comes from Zimbabwe, but left because of the political turmoil. It is now necessary for her to return to get her mother, and bring her to Gabarone.

It is winter there, now, so I try to think of cooler breezes...

Until later,

No comments: