Saturday, July 7, 2007

New paradigm....

Yesterday afternoon we picked up our daughter at the Philadelphia airport. She was returning from a four week exchange program in Germany. Having been in the travel industry for many years, I knew to check flight arrival information on the computer, prior to setting out for the airport. What I now know about technology, however left me unprepared. It is now possible to have the flight arrival information sent to your hand held or cell phone, with updates as frequent as they occur. I do not have that system in place. I had to rely on the old fashioned, call-the-airline-key-in-the-flight-number-and-arrival-date to get the latest. Beyond that, it still would not tell me when they had cleared customs, whose luggage had not arrived, and whether or not there is tea available at the arrivals lounge. So much for information technology.... but I did get some great German dark chocolate with a marzipan filling out of the deal....

The garden needs to be weeded, any volunteers???

Later....

No comments: