Sunday, July 29, 2007

It's all in the cards....

I just love to play cards. During the cold, dark winter, my son and I found refuge in a good game of gin or canasta to go along with our afternoon tea and after-school-snack. Now that it's the bright, warm, lazy, hazy days of summer, we still play cards with our afternoon tea.

This goes back years and years ago, when I played cards as a child, then as a teenager ~ days at the pool, playing Pinochle with my girlfriends. Ahh, the hours one can spend in such bliss. I found an interesting shop once on the Royal Mile in Edinburgh that sold all sorts of playing cards. We bought one set with Shakespeare characters, one set with explorer's ships, and one set that resembled the first deck of cards ever printed.

I am looking forward to going on vacation in August, when I go for my morning 10-mile bicycle ride, late afternoon at the beach, and lots of cards....

No comments: