Sunday, May 20, 2007

Be Very Kind...

Be very kind to the people who run small businesses in your neighborhood. They not only contribute to the local economy, but to the ambiance of your town. We have this great family owned hardware store just down the street. I can walk in there and ask for any size nail, bolt, bracket, or screw and buy as many as I need, from one to one hundred. I do not have to buy an entire carton, and they will go in the back room and find it for me. I can also ask them for suggestions and advice on fixing things and they will listen and help me.

So, in appreciation for them being there and staying in business I brought them doughnuts. It was my way of saying "thanks for giving me the joy of having a local hardware store."

We cannot let them go away, these small, family owned businesses. They are the backbone of our communities. Support them, appreciate them, and be kind to them.

No comments: